- All are to evacuate a building when a fire alarm sounds and/or upon notification by University Police or the building contact person.
- Be aware of all marked exits from your area and building. Know the routes from your work area.
- If necessary, or directed to do so by the University Police or the building contact person, activate the building’s fire alarms. CAUTION: THE BUILDING ALARMS RING ONLY IN THE BUILDING WHERE THE EMERGENCY IS OCCURRING. You must also call the University Police (911) and inform them of the emergency.
- When the building’s fire alarm is sounded, or when told to leave by University Police or the building contact person, quickly walk to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- ASSIST PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES IN EXITING THE BUILDING! DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
- Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- If requested, assist the University Police and/or the building contact person.
- A public safety Emergency Operations Center (EOC) may be set up near the emergency site. Keep clear of the Emergency Operations Center unless you have important information to report.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless directed to do so by University Police, Fire Department, or the building contact person.
- Refer to the emergency procedures specific to your building.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.