The Finale to our Trip!

Today we got to visit The Great Wall and the Forbidden City. Both were so amazing to visit. Both of these places are on so many people’s bucket lists to do, and some how we were lucky enough to get the chance to see them.  Both places took such extreme amounts of labor and time. It was so impressive to see the work that was done by hand.

As we rest in the hotel, the team has been contemplating whether to try to pull an all-nighter or go ahead and fall asleep, because our flight leaves at 7:30 a.m. Monday morning.  We are lucky enough that we get to get up at 2:30 a.m. to start driving to the airport. When we start to head back to Valpo, since we are ahead in time at this moment, it is going to be like we are living this Monday twice. It is going to be quite interesting to see how long it takes us to get back on our regular schedule.

I can not wait to give my family all of their gifts I got them from China. I hope they like them as much as I do. And I can not wait to go and eat my favorite meal. I do believe I will have to splurge for one whole day for each meal to make up for lost time. I can not wait to have an Old Chicago salad and grilled chicken sandwich with ranch. It seriously gives me chills that in less than 24 hours I will be back in the States, sharing all my stories with my family and friends. It has been such a great experience, and it is one that I will never forget!

Thanks!

Mallory Ladd