Time: 2:30 – 3:30 PM
Location: CLR 368
Attending: Ben Acheff, Pilar Domer, Matt Hernes, Becky Klein, Rich Miller, Rachel Rivera, Kevin Ledbetter
- Discuss the things we want to discover on our Purdue-Cal road trip.
- Finalize the list of departmental contacts.
- Draft the project announcement letter.
- Compile list of project milestones
- Should we consider conference calls with any of the other institutions who have gone through NDS->AD migration?
- Set up meeting with Ivy Tech
- Gellersen labs – can we join these PCs to the domain?
- Rachel explained the people at Purdue Calumet would not be able to meet with us this week. The team decided to try to schedule a visit on the afternoon of July 30 or 31. Round-trip mileage 63 miles – travel time 42 minutes each way
- Rachel also has a connection at IVY tech in Gary, Richard Gade. They have an AD lab environment that we would like to talk to them about. Rachel will look into scheduling a meeting the afternoon of July 24th.
- Discussion was held on the Project announcement letter. Becky volunteered to create a draft. We set a target release date of Thursday, July 26. Becky has an announcement template that may be useful in drafting the letter.
- Ben mentioned the ZCM server were almost ready to be decommissioned.
- Kevin received a list of academic Deans & Chairs from Jeanie Johnson. It is shared as a Google doc. Kevin will add the administrative department heads to the list.
- The question was raised about what type of content needs to be on the IT website.
- Kevin will contact Erik Kispert to see if he would be able to work with us, possibly joining the Gellersen labs to the domain. It is believed they do not utilize the NAL from the lab.
- Discussion was brought up about DeepFreeze as a possible replacement for CleanSlate. IVY Tech uses DeepFreeze and Rich Miller has experience with the product. We currently have a Windows 2008 server (Nanook) with DeepFreeze installed but the evaluation license is expired. It may be possible to get an extension to the evaluation license for testing.
- Becky raised the question about Macs joining the domain. Matt explained Matt Sweet and Dave Sierkowski’s Macs have both been joined to the domain.
- It was decided we were not ready to create milestones with due dates.