- Most campus demonstrations will be peaceful and everyone should attempt to carry on business as normally as possible. Avoid provoking or obstructing the demonstrators.
- Should a disturbance occur, call the University Police at 911. To avoid causing additional trouble, make the call in private. The procedures outlined under number 3 below should also be considered.
- A threatening disturbance should be reported immediately to the University Police Department and the building contact person. The following action also should be taken:
- Remain on the line with the University Police Dispatcher to share information and to receive additional instruction.
- Direct someone to alert all individuals in the area of the situation.
- Direct someone to lock interior doors and secure all files, documents, and equipment.
- If necessary, cease operations and evacuate.
- University Police will assess the situation. Participants who refuse to disperse may be subject to prosecution if any campus rules and/or state laws are violated.
- If a class is disrupted, call the University Police at 464-5430 or 911.