Violent or Criminal Behavior

  1. Everyone is asked to assist in making campus a safe place by being alert to suspicious situations or persons and by reporting them as outlined below.
  2. If you are the victim of, or witness to, any criminal acts and/or violations of the law such as assault, robbery, theft, overt sexual behavior, etc., immediately contact the University Police Department by dialing 911 or (219) 464- 5430.
  3. Notify the University Police at extension 911 or (219) 464-5430 as soon as possible and supply them with the following information:
    1. Nature of incident
    2. Location of incident
    3. Description of person(s) involved
    4. Description of property involved
  4. If you witness a criminal act or whenever you notice a person(s) acting suspiciously on campus, immediately notify the University Police (911) or 161-5430 and give them the information outlined in #3 above.
  5. Assist the police when they arrive by supplying them with all additional information and ask others to do the same.