These are my new friends

One of my jobs on the trip was to measure the length of rebar required to reinforce our drop box.  After the generator broke, I took my job to the market where there was electricity in one of the shops.  However, once the villagers started cutting they did not need my help.  Instead I played with three of the cutest little kids I have ever seen.  They lived off the market and on non-market days they used the booths as their personal playground.  They laughed and giggled and ran around.  I tried to teach them how to do some very basic dance moves, but they just laughed at me.  I got the same reaction when I tried to get them to make funny faces at me.  Eventually we started playing chase where they would run away from me laughing and I would follow them through the banana trees.  They ran past an old woman doing laundry a few times and with each passing she would give me this huge grin and laugh as I played with the children.   It was such a simple gesture that made the kids so excited.   Later that day when I returned to the market, the kids got my attention and then took off running through the trees wanting to continue playing with me.