It’s hard to believe that our C-90 group has already been here at Cambridge, England for over a month. Wow, time flies!

So far during this month, we have gone on 2 big group trips to London, and the Lake District. Both of these trips were splendid and of course, I took a lot of pictures 🙂

London was really all an awe. The only negative impression that I got was that there were SO many people there. Everywhere you go, there’s people, people, and more people! That got a little tiring. But what can you say, it’s London! Other than that, it was really neat seeing landmarks that I have only seen on TV before. We saw the London bridge, the London eye, and – the main entree – the Big Ben. The Big Ben really impressed me because there were so many delicate details throughout the building that you can’t really catch from looking at a picture. We spent a total of 2 and a half days there but it wasn’t enough and I know that I definitely want to go visit there again sometime this semester!

Our second trip to the Lake District was probably my favorite out of the two. I have actually never heard of it before so it was almost like a blind date, waking up from a coach bus after a 3 hour drive. As soon as I got off the bus though, I knew this weekend was going to be a blast. I saw mountains beyond mountains, with absolutely no flat lands. We hiked on the first and second days and they were quite an adventure. A lot of us were determined to become friends with the hundreds of sheep we saw, and we all were happy to be taking in vast amounts of super fresh air. On the third day we went to see the Chatsworth House, home to a duke and duchess, and the house was so big! It was also absolutely beautiful.

So those 2 trips were we’re definitely a blast. And in 2 days I’m headed to my first own trip outside the country – Italy! I cannot wait for Italy since its always been a place where I have wanted to go to. Let’s see how romantic this country is!