Swakopmund Sunsets

Ten Things I’m Learning

1. Sunset runs are so refreshing and a good way to let out the day’s stress.  It’s also a good way to explore this beautiful city and enjoy the mountains and the day’s sunset.

2. Time alone and away from technology is so good and so necessary.  It’s very important to live in the moment not just for a little, but for a while and let yourself enjoy it.

3. Let people miss you.  Sometimes it’s very necessary and while it is hard to be away from people you care about, sometimes it makes them miss you more.

4. Spending money is not a bad thing.  If the money you spend allows you and other people enjoy their life a little more, then stop feeling so darn guilty.

5.  Dairy products — like ice cream and Don Pedros, while tempting, are not worth feeling horrible and laying curled in fetal position from a tummy ache for hours after.  However, sometimes they are worth it.

6. Being on the road is fun and it’s exciting to meet new people but coming home is also nice.  It’s good to lay your head somewhere solid for a little while.

7. It’s ok to read the same book over and over.  If you like it, keep reading it again and again.  Underline your favorite parts and circle your favorite words.  Make it yours.

8. I was born in the wrong era, I like letters way way way to much.  But they make me very happy.

9. Be better at managing my time.  Let myself have work time and play time.

10. Enjoy every second left here.  Don’t put things off.  If you have a chance to do something here — DO IT.  The only time is now.