This week started out as pretty low-key compared to the two when I was on vacation. On Tuesday we went on a class trip to the Mercedes Benz factory in Sindelfingen. I like cars quite a bit so enjoyed it a lot! They have 35,000 employees at the complex that has its own fire department, five restaurants, and a daycare. They assemble the S-Class, E-Class, Maybach, and GT sports coupe, as well as some bullet-proof cars. On Friday Reid and I went to Strasbourg, France for the day. Luckily we got back to Reutlingen before the attacks in Paris, and it was also lucky that other Valpo students who were in Paris were safe during that time. Yesterday a few of us went to the Hohenzollern Castle for a few hours. It’s only a half hour train ride away from Reutlingen!

A racing game they had setup at the Mercedes tour.

Talking about cars with Professor Veit and a few others. (Notice Professor Hanson getting fingerprints all over the car!)

Reid and I stopped for a few minutes to hear this band in Strasbourg.

Hiking on the trails around the Hohenzollern Castle.

The Reutlingen Opera House was lit up like this Saturday night after the Paris Attacks.

Reid, Ryan, and I attended a small student-led vigil for the Paris attacks on Saturday night.