Only one, but I had been starting to lose hope about seeing any, and then finally it was right there, eating a tree! It was wonderful.  Some friends headed to Botswana later and were able to see a lot more, but since I didn’t, I was happy to see any at all!

I should backtrack and say that this happened in Etosha National Park which is where we spent the last two days of our trip to the North.  It’s one of the best places for wildlife viewing in Southern Africa and we saw plenty of zebras and giraffes and everything else you can imagine that you probably saw in The Lion King.  It was amazing.

The best way to share my experience is through pictures, so I’ll post a few here and the rest on my Picasa! The pictures really don’t do the animals justice; it really is something you have to see for yourself.  Going to Disney’s Animal Kingdom is pretty cool, but it doesn’t get nearly as good as seeing these animals in their true environment!

I could have watched these giraffes all day long.

So if you look very closely under the tree on the left, you can see lions relaxing underneath.  We watched this giraffe and his friends play chicken with these lions for a good 20 minutes. This was really all the farther the giraffes got, but we couldn’t figure out why they would want to get that close at all!

One of my favorite photos of zebras at a water hole.

This was all I truly wanted to see!

Vultures snackin' on some giraffe.

Needless to say, Etosha was breathtaking and certainly something I’ll never forget! Now I’m going to donate my laptop to the good of the house so we can relax and watch a movie, but I’ll provide a summary of my spring break trip on the Orange River soon!