After a brief hiatus from going out, I’ve started heading out to more nightclubs, bars, and general hotspots to find you all the music that you have to know if you want to fit in in Cholula. With that said, here’s my second top five songs of Mexico:
5. The title kind of makes you feel dirty, but the lyrics are so catchy that you’ll find yourself singing it in the shower. At #5, here’s Plastilina Mosh with “Pervert Pop Song.” And if you’re worried that this song will be a little too risque for your liking, please just take a listen. The song is more about what you want out of a good relationship than being about pervy spanish-speakers.
4. Whether your a Kurt fan or feel something special for the cheerleading Brittany, you have to admit that the songs from Glee are pretty catchy. Coming in at #4 is the Glee version of “Teenage Dream.” Be forewarned, the only thing that Mexicans like better than Glee is High School Music. Even if you’re not a fan of either, just try to be accepting of people who like these shows.
3. Sometimes you just feel like your life is out of control. Sometimes you just want someone to tell you what to do because you keep making bad decisions. If you feel this way, then you should probably take a listen to “Take Over Control” by Afrojack featuring Eva Simons. So take a break from the hectic life of studying abroad, head over o Kurandera and just let the music take you over.
2. You thought that Mexicans only listened to clubby, danceable music. Well that’s just because you were in the wrong places. You want clubbing tunes, head over to Kurandera, Zambesi or Unit. But if you want more chill, more alternative tuneskies, then head over to Voodoo Mama, Pacha Mama (before 11 that is), or BarFly. I nearly freaked out when I heard the Queens of the Stone Age come on. Coming in at #2 for the inner hipster in all of us is “Nobody Knows.”
1. Some people think they’re amazing. Other people think their lyrics are banal and repetitive. And then they’re are those of us who are completely indifferent to them. Whatever category you fit (or maybe you don’t fit) into, you have to admit that no clubbing experience is complete without listening to at least one Black Eye Peas’ song. So here it is at # 1 the Black Eyed Peas with their smash hit “The Time (dirty bit).”
Hope you enjoy rocking out to this songs! Peace.