Caitlyn is a Classics major studying in Athens, Greece! In her picture, she and her friend, Sarojini, are above the city of Meteora. Known for its monasteries built on the top of and sides of the cliffs! So far, Caitlyn has been able to travel a lot of Greece, and has told us some great things about her time studying there!

Her favorite class has been “The Culture of Modern Greece”.12219407_10156236635395615_1670763307492693247_n

Advice for students thinking of studying in Greece: “My tip for someone thinking about studying abroad in Athens would be to consider traveling more within Greece while they’re here, as opposed to using it as a platform to go to a bunch of different countries. While flights within Europe are very cheap and there are so many other places to see, Greece is a very geographically and socially diverse country, and each island and region has something unique to offer. Almost every weekend I’ve been here I’ve gone somewhere different within Greece, and every time I’ve been blown away by how different it was from where I’d been before. I haven’t left Greece yet and I have no regrets about that.”

Fun Fact: “My fun fact about Athens is that there are local cats and dogs all over the city! While to foreigners they may seem like strays, in Athens they say there are no strays because everyone chips in to take care of them. It’s a really cool phenomenon to witness, because there every morning the little old ladies set out food for the cats, and different people will give food to the dogs throughout the day. It has also really solidified my belief that dogs are man’s best friend. If you’re walking in a large group, there’s a very good chance that a stray dog will come and walk with you and try to protect you from any strangers it may perceive as threatening. It’s so sweet! So that’s been something very unique that I’ve enjoyed.”

Thank you, Caitlyn, for sharing so much about your time abroad! We all hope you continue having fun and learn much while abroad!